Re: Re: how to switch old replication Master to new Standby after promoting old Standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: how to switch old replication Master to new Standby after promoting old Standby
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM, John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com> wrote:
> And indeed in its debug I found
> received chunk for file "postgresql.conf", offset 0, size 16482
> received chunk for file "postgresql.conf.20160314114055", offset 0, size 16464
>
> And I now see in its description in the Doc that it intends to do this.
> But why would it do that?

To make its code more simple. This way there is no need to apply any
kind of file-based filters to decide if some files should be copied or
not, and it is not that much a big deal to copy the configuration
files of  the target node before performing the rewind.

> Maybe a note about it should be added to the wiki
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication
>     (not sure if I can)

With a community account you could edit this page.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Unique UUID value - PostgreSQL 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Unique UUID value - PostgreSQL 9.2