Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Vladimir Rusinov <vrusinov@google.com> wrote:
>> The server must also be configured with max_wal_senders set high
>> enough to leave at least one session available for the backup.
>
> I think that it's better to explain explicitly here that max_wal_senders
> should be higher than one by default.

Recovery tests are broken by this patch, the backup() method in
PostgresNode.pm uses pg_basebackup -x:
sub backup
{   my ($self, $backup_name) = @_;   my $backup_path = $self->backup_dir . '/' . $backup_name;   my $port        =
$self->port;  my $name        = $self->name;

   print "# Taking pg_basebackup $backup_name from node \"$name\"\n";   TestLib::system_or_bail('pg_basebackup', '-D',
$backup_path,'-p', $port,       '-x', '--no-sync');   print "# Backup finished\n";

}
--
Michael