Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL

От Dionisis Kontominas
Тема Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Adam,

   Thank you for your response. Regarding the details:

  1. I have no experience managing; I know some basic introductory administrator things. Only point I think is important is to consider a server version of Linux and nt a desktop one, i.e. something like Ubuntu Server or Redhat Server or other.
  2. OLTP applications. Up to 10 - 50 GB database size. The user interface is Web-based, currently using Oracle APEX, Tomcat+ORDS and Oracle Database as a back-end.
Thank you for your time!

Kindest regards,
Dionisis Kontominas

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 19:20, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/21/22 10:13 AM, Dionisis Kontominas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>      This is my fist email and I ask for leniency on the response. I am
> quite new to PostgreSQL, and had my first taste of a Windows version. My
> background is Oracle and I have some questions. I will also post in the
> admin list.
>
>  1. What is the best Linux server for the PostgresQL in your opinion?
>     Ubuntu Server, Redhat, other?

The one you have experience managing.

>  2. Is there a low-cost or free low code development tool / framework
>     similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL?

What type of application are you trying to build?

>  3. In continuation to the previous question, has anyone attempted to
>     combine Oracle APEX with PostgreSQL using REST, i.e. something like
>     pgREST or similar / alternative and what are the experiences?

Never worked with APEX, so can't answer.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL