[BUGS] Combination of ordered-set aggregate function terminates JDBCconnection on PostgreSQL 9.6.5

От Lukas Eder
Тема [BUGS] Combination of ordered-set aggregate function terminates JDBCconnection on PostgreSQL 9.6.5
Дата
Re: [BUGS] Combination of ordered-set aggregate function terminates JDBC connection on PostgreSQL 9.6.5
Список pgsql-bugs
When running the following query:

select
  cume_dist(1) within group (order by a desc),
  rank(1) within group (order by a desc),
  dense_rank(1) within group (order by a asc),
  percent_rank(1) within group (order by a asc)
from (values(1)) t(a);

My JDBC connection is immediately terminated:

SQL Error [08006]: An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
  An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
    Connection reset

The issue depends on a certain set of combinations of the above function calls. Each function can be called individually without problems. Some functions can be combined without problems as well.

The issue can be reproduced in pgAdmin III and pgAdmin 4.

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.6.5 on Windows 10 x86-64

SELECT version();

version                                                     |
PostgreSQL 9.6.5, compiled by Visual C++ build 1800, 64-bit |

Thanks,
Lukas