Database Administrator

От Shi Lloyd
Тема Database Administrator
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs
Description

This position can be located in Sandy, Utah or Seattle, Washington...

Instructure is a successful, fast-moving technology startup that is disrupting the Learning Management System (LMS) market by setting a new standard for education technology, and we're looking for some top-notch people to join the team. Our company is stable and growing quickly and has been featured on TechCrunch, CNBC, and The Motley Fool (to name a few).

Instructure is looking to hire a full-time DBA in Sandy, Utah. We've been making waves in the higher education space for the last two years by selling the first LMS which doesn't make teachers and students angry to use (they actually think it's pretty cool), and now we're moving on to do the same in the K-12 market. In other words, people love us and we're growing. Fast. Our future is bright, but we need more than shades to get there. That's where you come in.

We need somebody who can:
- Be part of an on-call team
- Have the knowledge to know how to respond to database problems at 3am
- Be able to automate processes so that there aren't database problems at 3am
- Be a point of contact for questions about databases, both from technical engineers and less technical members of the company
- Be on top of problems before they become problems

The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge with:
- Linux
- Amazon Web Services
- MySQL
- Postgres
- Cassandra
- pgBouncer, or some other form of database pooling
- Puppet, or some other form of config management
- Zabbix, or some other from of resource monitoring and alerting
- Automation
- Performance turning
- No fear of learning The New Hotness, and no inclination to throw the baby out with the bath water
- Star Wars, Star Trek, the Lord of the Rings, or some other form of geek culture

Our Culture = Your Culture
Instructure has a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We care a lot more about what people do than how nice they dress. So feel free to leave your dress clothes at home; we do. Also, we have an open, collaborative work environment. If you see something you disagree with, rock the boat. Challenging ourselves makes us stronger.

Benefits:

Time Off:
⁃ Lots of paid time off
⁃ 8 paid holidays

100% Employer Paid Benefits for You and Your Qualified Dependents (We got you completely covered!):
⁃ Medical (United Healthcare)
⁃ Dental (Dearborn National)
- Life/AD&D (Assurant)

More perks…
Fully stocked break room. Equipment provided. That's right, you get a MacBook (and we'll even throw in a desk and chair). Just saying.

We participate in eVerify.

--

Shilo Lloyd
Recruiting Manager, Instructure

email: shi@instructure.com
phone: 801.869.5008
cell: 801.803.9860

If we're not connected on Linkedin...please send me an invite

Instructure Jobs     Company Website     Follow us on FB

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: