Very slow table

От Richard Weiss
Тема Very slow table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, I am using squeryl, which is based on jdbc, and I am trying to run the following statement:
delete from "Entry" where ("id" = 0)
but the query never seems to finish. I have tried it in both the program I am writing, and the above statement in pgadmin3, and both cases never finish.
Other queries, like
delete from "Entry" where true
complete.

The table's initialization statement is:

CREATE TABLE "Entry"
(
  "pID" bigint NOT NULL,
  id bigint NOT NULL,
  r text NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT "Entry_pkey" PRIMARY KEY (id),
  CONSTRAINT "EntryFK21" FOREIGN KEY ("pID")
      REFERENCES "PP" (id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE "Entry" OWNER TO riri;

CREATE INDEX idx2eda05d9
  ON "Entry"
  USING btree
  (id);

Other information:
Postgres Version: PostgreSQL 8.4.9 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.5.real (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-8ubuntu4) 4.5.2, 32-bit

Thanks, Richard Weiss.