PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries

От bruno da silva
Тема PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries
Дата
Re: PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: PostgresSQL 9.5.21 very slow to connect and perform basic queries  (bruno da silva <brunogiovs@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hello.

I'm investigating an issue on a PostgresSql 9.5.21 installation that becomes unusable in an intermittent way. Simple queries like "select now();" could take 20s. commits take 2s. and all gets fixed after an engine restart.

I look into the pg logs and no signs of errors. and checkpoints are always timed. The machine is well provisioned, load isn't too high, and cpu io wait is under 1%.

any suggestions on what I should check more?

Thanks in advance.
--
Bruno da Silva