Re: query performance, though it was timestamps,maybe just table size?

От Henry Drexler
Тема Re: query performance, though it was timestamps,maybe just table size?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
The obvious difference is that this one finds all 5 buffers it needs
in buffers already, while the first one had to read them in.  So this
supports the idea that your data has simply grown too large for your
RAM.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff thanks for that explanation and taking the time to expose me to the explain analyze.  I am currently reading through the docs so I can use them and understand them.

Thank you again for all of your help.