Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM_2482]: Query tool/ Edit grid panel should have meaningful title

От Robert Eckhardt
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM_2482]: Query tool/ Edit grid panel should have meaningful title
Дата
Ответы Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM_2482]: Query tool/ Edit grid panel should have meaningful title  (Surinder Kumar <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
I think you are thinking along the right lines. I guess the question is, if the text is too long, will the name still be readable somehow.

Use case I am thinking of.

Given I have the 'same database' only with data sharded by region or something, An instance for Sales in USA, EMEA, APJ, etc. Then it is likely I might have the same queries to run on all of those servers.

Can I easily tell which server it is without necessarily clicking to the open tab?

I like the way Brave Browser works, If you hover over the tab you can see exactly what is being displayed. Maybe something similar (not that exactly because it seems like a railroad spike when a tack would do).

If I am opening a saved query will the name of the saved file be shown?

This is great. I find the lack of meaningful names to be personally annoying and users have commented on it too.

-- Rob