Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3055] Allow user to sort the data in View data mode

От Robert Eckhardt
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3055] Allow user to sort the data in View data mode
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 2:07 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

@Murtuza: The patch codewise looks good. Nice to see that we are using axios instead of jquery ajax calls and that there is some coverage for the change.
Nevertheless the Javascript testing looks a bit slim and could be improved. Also the DataSorting class could have some other member functions like the model validation could be extracted out so that it is easily tested.

@Hackers: This was how we tried to test this feature:
1 - Started pgAdmin
2 - Opened the query tool for a specific server
3 - Executed a SQL statment
4 - Pressed the column header to try to order, nothing happened
5 - Right clicked the column header to see if it was there the option, nothing

This is the behavior that we were expecting, not to have to open Data View and then press the icon that is not even near the grid in order to sort the column. Is this really the way we want people to use the grid in pgAdmin? Should it be more intuitive?

Have we considered making the grid behave more like excel or other grids? I think that having the ascending and descending inside the column header, we could similarly provide filtering. Something that would give users a more intuitive place to look.

-- Rob

PS: Also that Orange after the selection is like a push in the eyes and not in a good way. Maybe we should think about changing the color of the icon to blue to match the rest of the website or something.

Thanks
Victoria & Joao