Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Add bump memory context type and use it for tuplesorts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 21:19, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached the bump allocator patch and also the script I used to
> gather the performance results in the first 2 tabs in the attached
> spreadsheet.

I've attached a v2 patch which changes the BumpContext a little to
remove some of the fields that are not really required.  There was no
need for the "keeper" field as the keeper block always comes at the
end of the BumpContext as these are allocated in a single malloc().
The pointer to the "block" also isn't really needed. This is always
the same as the head element in the blocks dlist.

David

Вложения