Re: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table

От David Rowley
Тема Re: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Please always copy the list when replying.

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 19:40, Nagaraj Raj <nagaraj.sf@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >trigger function and trigger with table structure, >problem is if the child table does exit it's not >omitting the
errorand data directing to the master >table with a futuristic data value of load_dttm.

> If table does not exit then its not throwing error and values inserting to master table.

I tried that with the schema and trigger function you provided and on
the same version as you. It worked ok for me.

> I’m having only one table, I was trying to reproduce the error but could.

I suspect you meant "couldn't"?

As Tom mentioned, it seems much more likely there's some bug in your function.

> Not sure what is the root cause for it.

If you can provide a fully reproducible test case (not just a schema)
then you might have more luck here. Posting additional emails on other
threads about this is not a solution to your problem.

David