Is it worth adding Assert(false) for iso-8859-1 paths in print_path()?

От David Rowley
Тема Is it worth adding Assert(false) for iso-8859-1 paths in print_path()?
Дата
Re: Is it worth adding Assert(false) for iso-8859-1 paths in print_path()?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
In [1] Andrey highlighted that I'd forgotten to add print_path()
handling for TidRangePaths in bb437f995.

I know the OPTIMIZER_DEBUG code isn't exactly well used.  I never
personally use it and I work quite a bit in the planner, however, if
we're keeping it, I thought maybe we might get the memo of missing
paths a bit sooner if we add an Assert(false) in the default cases.

Is the attached worthwhile?

David

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/379082d6-1b6a-4cd6-9ecf-7157d8c08635@postgrespro.ru

Вложения