Re: MERGE/SPLIT partition commands should create new partitions in the parent's tablespace?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: MERGE/SPLIT partition commands should create new partitions in the parent's tablespace?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 6 Jul 2024 at 19:06, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> I noticed that ALTER TABLE MERGE PARTITIONS and SPLIT PARTITION commands
> always create new partitions in the default tablespace, regardless of
> the parent's tablespace. However, the indexes of these new partitions inherit
> the tablespaces of their parent indexes. This inconsistency seems odd.
> Is this an oversight or intentional?

My expectation of this feature is that the tablespace choice would
work the same as what was done in ca4103025 to make it inherit from
the partition table's tablespace. I imagine we might get complaints if
it does not follow the same logic.

I've not looked at your patch, but if the behaviour is as you describe
and the patch changes that to follow ca4103025, then +1 from me.

David