Re: Stability of queryid in minor versions

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Stability of queryid in minor versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 at 12:04, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Since 16 these new fields would be added by default unless the node
> attribute query_jumble_ignore is appended to it.  I agree that this
> may not be entirely intuitive when it comes to force compatibility
> across the same major version.  Could there be cases where it is worth
> breaking compatibility and include something more in the jumbling,
> though?  I've not seen the case in recent years even in stable
> branches.

I think that's a valid possible situation which could result in a
change. however, I think it's much less likely than it used to be
because we'd have to accidentally have used query_jumble_ignore,
whereas before all the struct parsing stuff went in, we could have
just forgotten to jumble the field when adding a new field to a parse
struct.

David