Re: Add proper planner support for ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Add proper planner support for ORDER BY / DISTINCT aggregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 at 15:16, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> That makes sense. The patch looks in a good shape to me in this part.

Thanks for giving it another look.

I'm also quite happy with the patch now. The 2 plan changes are
explained. I have a patch on another thread [1] for the change in the
Merge Join plan.  I'd like to consider that separately from this
patch.

The postgres_fdw changes are explained in [2]. This can be fixed by
setting fdw_tuple_cost to something more realistic in the foreign
server settings on the test.

I'd like to take a serious look at pushing this patch on the first few
days of August, so if anyone is following along here that might have
objections, can you do so before then?

David

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvrtZu0PHVfDPFM4Yx3jNR2Wuwosv+T2zqa7LrhhBr2rRg@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvpXiXLxg4TsA8P_4etnuGQqAAbHWEOM4hGe=DCaXmi_jA@mail.gmail.com