Re: Keep elog(ERROR) and ereport(ERROR) calls in the cold path

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Keep elog(ERROR) and ereport(ERROR) calls in the cold path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 03:26, Peter Eisentraut

> I did tests of elog_ereport_attribute_cold_v4.patch on an oldish Mac
> Intel laptop with pgbench scale 1 (default), and then:
>
> pgbench -S -T 60
>
> master:  tps = 8251.883229 (excluding connections establishing)
> patched: tps = 9556.836232 (excluding connections establishing)
>
> pgbench -S -T 60 -M prepared
>
> master:  tps = 14713.821837 (excluding connections establishing)
> patched: tps = 16200.066185 (excluding connections establishing)
>
> So from that this seems like an easy win.

Well, that makes it look pretty good.  If we can get 10-15% on some
machines without making things slower on any other machines, then that
seems like a good win to me.

Thanks for testing that.

David