Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От David Rowley
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 23 May 2023 at 06:04, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 10:59:36AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > And here it's not just performance, but also memory usage, including steady
> > state memory usage.
>
> Understood.  I continue to need help determining which items to include.
> Can you suggest some text?  This?
>
>         Improve efficiency of memory usage to allow for better scaling

Maybe something like:

* Reduce palloc() memory overhead for all memory allocations down to 8
bytes on all platforms. (Andres Freund, David Rowley)

This allows more efficient use of memory and is especially useful in
queries which perform operations (such as sorting or hashing) that
require more than work_mem.

David