Re: Assertion failure with LEFT JOINs among >500 relations

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Assertion failure with LEFT JOINs among >500 relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 12:10, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> > For the backbranches, I think I go with something more minimal in the
> > form of adding:
>
> TBH, I see no need to do anything in the back branches.  This is not
> an issue for production usage.

I understand the Assert failure is pretty harmless, so non-assert
builds shouldn't suffer too greatly.  I just assumed that any large
stakeholders invested in upgrading to a newer version of PostgreSQL
may like to run various tests with their application against an assert
enabled version of PostgreSQL perhaps to gain some confidence in the
upgrade. A failing assert is unlikely to inspire additional
confidence.

I'm not set on backpatching, but that's just my thoughts.

FWIW, the patch I'd thought of is attached.

David

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure with LEFT JOINs among >500 relations
Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure with LEFT JOINs among >500 relations