Re: Remove redundant initializations

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Remove redundant initializations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 21:59, Peter Eisentraut

> There are certain parts of code that laboriously initialize every field
> of a struct to (some spelling of) zero, even though the whole struct was
> just zeroed (by makeNode() or memset()) a few lines earlier.  Besides
> being redundant, I find this hard to read in some situations because
> it's then very hard to tell what is different between different cases or
> branches.

Just for information, there was a similar proposal in [1].  There were
some arguments for and against the idea. Might be worth reviewing.

David

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFjFpRdmx2oWdCrYcQuk9CZ7S9iTrKSziC%3D%3D6j0Agw4jdmvLng%40mail.gmail.com#ff36253217d67d5531f5b2017a0dbfd0

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Numeric multiplication overflow errors