Re: 2020-05-14 Press Release Draft

От David Rowley
Тема Re: 2020-05-14 Press Release Draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 14:09, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Attached is a draft of the press release for the 2020-05-14 cumulative
> update. Please let me know your feedback by 2020-05-13 :)

Hi,

Thanks for drafting those up.

For:

* Several fixes for GENERATED columns, including an issue where it was possible
to crash or corrupt data in a table when the output of the generated column was
the exact copy of a physical column on the table.

I think it's important to include the "or if the expression called a
function which could, in certain cases, return its own input".

The reason I think that's important is because there's likely no
legitimate case for having the expression an exact copy of the column.

David