Re: Trigger function is not working as expected after migration from v9.6 to v11.7

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Trigger function is not working as expected after migration from v9.6 to v11.7
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 13:45, Nagaraj Raj <nagaraj.sf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have implemented table partition with an inheritance approach  and the trigger function is not working as expected
aftermigration from v9.6 to v11.7

> The issue is, I have a table and created inheritance tables for each month; it has a date column load_date as it
takescurrent_timestamp  and respective this created trigger function with BEFORE  INSERT OR UPDATE.

> Everything good so far, but earlier  I have inheritance tables till August 2020, so I created inheritance tables till
December2020, and somehow I missed for the month September 2020 in the table creation. Still, I updated the trigger
functionwithout missing September 2020.

> So, when injection started for September 2020 into a master table, the trigger didn't occur through any error because
it'ssatisfied the conditions of the trigger function and after passing through the trigger function, it should look for
atable September 2020, because the condition is base on load_date (current_timestamp ) if not it should insert into a
mastertable or through any error,

> The server acted strangely, records inserted to the master table, but load_date didn't take current_timestamp; it
recordedfuture timestamp, i.e., January 2021.

This seems to be a duplicate of
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/280232870.3108583.1600280574763@mail.yahoo.com

Please don't start a new thread for the same issue.  I've responded on
your original thread.

David

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: table partition with inheritance having current_timestamp issue if we miss range table
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #16645: pg_upgrade does not mark template1 as a system database