Re: Making aggregate deserialization (and WAL receive) functions slightly faster

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Making aggregate deserialization (and WAL receive) functions slightly faster
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 08:43, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think that we can make that assumption starting with v17.
> Back-patching it would be hazardous perhaps; but if there's some
> function out there that depends on NUL termination, testing should
> expose it before too long.  Wouldn't hurt to mention this explicitly
> as a possible incompatibility in the commit message.
>
> Looking over the v5 patch, I have some nits:

Thanks for looking at this again. I fixed up each of those and pushed
the result, mentioning the incompatibility in the commit message.

Now that that's done, I've attached a patch which makes use of the new
initReadOnlyStringInfo initializer function for the original case
mentioned when I opened this thread. I don't think there are any
remaining objections to this, but I'll let it sit for a bit to see.

David

Вложения