Re: pb with join plan

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pb with join plan
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 08:34, Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:14 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 07:42, Marc Millas <marc.millas@mokadb.com> wrote:
>> > But if I do the same with clause one OR clause 2, I have to  kill the request after an hour, seeing the filesystem
showingmore than 140 Mb of increased usage.

> link to the anonymized plan of the req with one clause : https://explain.depesz.com/s/TWp4

It's quite difficult to know what the problem is you want to fix here.
Your initial post indicated it was the query with the OR condition
that was causing you the problems, but the plan you've posted has no
OR condition?!

You're more likely to get help here if you take time to properly
explain the situation and post the information that's actually
relevant to the problem you're having, or state the problem more
clearly, as there's a mismatch somewhere.

It might also be worth having a look at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions . EXPLAIN is not
going to tell us what part of the query is slow. I'll let the wiki
page guide you into what to do instead.

David