Re: Performance degradation on concurrent COPY into a single relation in PG16.

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Performance degradation on concurrent COPY into a single relation in PG16.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 at 12:25, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> master @ 3845577cb
> latency average = 1575.879 ms
>
>    6.79%  postgres          [.] pg_strtoint32_safe
>
> master~1
> latency average = 1968.004 ms
>
>   14.28%  postgres          [.] pg_strtoint32_safe
>
> REL_16_STABLE
> latency average = 1735.163 ms
>
>    6.04%  postgres          [.] pg_strtoint32_safe
>
> REL_16_STABLE~1
> latency average = 2188.186 ms
>
>   13.83%  postgres          [.] pg_strtoint32_safe

And just to complete that set, here's the REL_15_STABLE performance
using the same test:

latency average = 1829.108 ms

15.46%  postgres          [.] pg_strtoint32

So, it looks like this item can be closed off.  I'll hold off from
doing that for a few days just in case anyone else wants to give
feedback or test themselves.

David