Re: jit and explain nontext

От David Rowley
Тема Re: jit and explain nontext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 08:39, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

>         /* don't print information if no JITing happened */
>         if (!ji || ji->created_functions == 0)
>                 return;
>
> This applies even when (es->format != EXPLAIN_FORMAT_TEXT), which I think is
> wrong.  Jit use can be determined by cost, so I think jit details should be
> shown in non-text format whenever ji!=NULL, even if it's zeros.  Arguably, bits
> could be omitted if jit_expressions=off or jit_tuple_deforming=off, but I don't
> see the point.

Just for some reference. Some wisdom was shared in [1], which made a
lot of sense to me.

If we apply that, then we just need to decide if displaying any jit
related fields without any jitted expressions is relevant.

I'm a bit undecided.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2276865.1593102811%40sss.pgh.pa.us