Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft

От David Rowley
Тема Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 7 May 2024 at 15:09, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I opted for that; and it turned out the other fix was simple, so here's
> an updated draft.

Thanks

> * Fix [`INSERT`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-insert.html) from
> multiple [`VALUES`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-values.html)
> rows into a target column that is a domain over an array or composite type.

I know this is the same wording as Tom added in [1], I might just have
failed to comprehend something, but if I strip out the links and try
to make sense of "Fix INSERT from multiple VALUES rows into", I just
can't figure out how to parse it.  I'm pretty sure it means "Fix
multiple-row VALUES clauses with INSERT statements when ...", but I'm
not sure.

> * Require the [SELECT privilege](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-grant.html)
> on the target table when using [`MERGE`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-merge.html)
> when using `MERGE ... DO NOTHING`.

I think the last line should just be "with `NO NOTHING`"

David

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=7155cc4a60e7bfc837233b2dea2563a2edc673fd