Re: Parent/child context relation in pg_get_backend_memory_contexts()

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Parent/child context relation in pg_get_backend_memory_contexts()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 at 22:14, Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed the name. Also I needed to cast parameters when calling that function as below to get rid of some warnings.
>
> +       get_memory_context_name_and_ident(context,
> +                                                                         (const char **)&name,
> +                                                                         (const char **) &ident);

I ended up fixing that another way as the above seems to be casting
away the const for those variables. Instead, I changed the signature
of the function to:

static void get_memory_context_name_and_ident(MemoryContext context,
const char **const name,  const char **const ident);

which I think takes into account for the call site variables being
defined as "const char *".

David