Re: Parallel Bitmap Heap Scan reports per-worker stats in EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Parallel Bitmap Heap Scan reports per-worker stats in EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 at 12:19, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Notice the "Heap Blocks: exact=2250000000" is missing on Windows.
> This is because it wrapped around to a negative value and
> show_tidbitmap_info() only shows > 0 values.
>
> I feel this is a good enough justification to increase the width of
> those counters to uint64, so I'll do that too.

I pushed the widening of the types first as I saw some code in the
EXPLAIN patch which assumed var == 0 is the negator of var > 0.  I
couldn't bring myself to commit that knowing it was wrong and also
couldn't bring myself to write <= 0 knowing I was about to make that
look like a weird thing to write for an unsigned type.

David