Re: missing rename support

От Ali Dar
Тема Re: missing rename support
Дата
Re: missing rename support  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> I noticed the following object types don't have support for an ALTER ...
> RENAME command:
>
> DOMAIN (but ALTER TYPE works)
> FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER
> OPERATOR
> RULE
> SERVER
>
> Are there any restrictions why these couldn't be added?

> I don't think so.  There's no ALTER RULE command; should we add one
(matching ALTER TRIGGER) or make this part of ALTER TABLE?  I don't
think constraints can be renamed either, which should probably be
addressed along with rules.

> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Find attached an initial patch for ALTER RENAME RULE feature. Please note that it does not have any documentation yet.
Вложения

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"