Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE

От Evan Carroll
Тема Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Also see whether you can reproduce the error in a fresh database.
> I continue to think the problem is an incorrect collation value in
> some system catalog entry; if that's it, nobody will be able to
> reproduce it.  You might try checking to see that there are no
> un-updated rows matching those fixup queries.

I've been able to reproduce it in a fresh database. This is a PSQL
script 2a and 2b will fail.

\echo CREATING DOMAIN footype

CREATE DOMAIN footype AS citext;

\echo [1a] CREATING TABLE tablefoo_before (contains columns bar, type footype)

CREATE TABLE tablefoo_before ( bar footype );

\echo [1b] CREATING TEMP TABLE trash AS SELECT * FROM tablefoo_before

CREATE TEMP TABLE trash AS SELECT * FROM tablefoo_before ;

\echo RUNING PATCH TO UPDATE citext

UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_type SET typcollation = 100
WHERE oid = 'citext'::pg_catalog.regtype;

UPDATE pg_catalog.pg_attribute SET attcollation = 100
WHERE atttypid = 'citext'::pg_catalog.regtype;

\echo [2a] CREATING TABLE tablefoo_after (contains columns bar, type footype)

CREATE TABLE tablefoo_after ( bar footype );

\echo [2b] CREATING TEMP TABLE trash2 AS SELECT * FROM tablefoo_before

CREATE TEMP TABLE trash2 AS SELECT * FROM tablefoo_before ;

--
Evan Carroll - me@evancarroll.com
System Lord of the Internets

Сообщение: Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE
Сообщение: Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE