Re: Channel binding not supported using scram-sha-256 passwords

От Hugh Ranalli
Тема Re: Channel binding not supported using scram-sha-256 passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 20:06, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
Now, the error message "channel binding not supported by this build"
would show up by either the backend or the frontend if
X509_get_signature_nid() is not present in the version of OpenSSL your
version of libpq (for the frontend) or your backend are linked to.
This function has been added in OpenSSL 1.0.2, so it seems to me that
you have an OpenSSL version mismatch between your client and the
server.  My guess is that the client uses OpenSSL 1.0.2, but the
server is linked to OpenSSL 1.0.1 or older.

Michael,
Thank you very much; that is indeed the case. The database server is brand new, having built as an upgrade from PostgreSQL 8.2 (yes, I know, I know). ;-) It is running openssl 1.1.0 on Ubuntu 18.04. The application servers are running openssl 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 14.04. They will be migrated to Ubuntu 18.04 before they reach EOL in April, but that won't happen until after the database upgrade.

Knowing this is the issue is very helpful, and I'm not sure I would have figured it out on my own. I'll just hold off on the scram-sha-256 password conversion until we upgrade the application servers.

Best wishes,
Hugh