Re: Primary keepalive message not appearing in Logical Streaming Replication

От Virendra Negi
Тема Re: Primary keepalive message not appearing in Logical Streaming Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oh I miss the documentation link there you go https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/protocol-replication.html

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Virendra Negi <viren.negi@teliax.com> wrote:
Agreed but why is there a message specification for it describe in the documentation  and it ask to client reply back if a particular *bit* is set.(1 means that the client should reply to this message as soon as possible, to avoid a timeout disconnect. 0 otherwise)

Primary keepalive message (B)
Byte1('k')

Identifies the message as a sender keepalive.

Int64

The current end of WAL on the server.

Int64

The server's system clock at the time of transmission, as microseconds since midnight on 2000-01-01.

Byte1

1 means that the client should reply to this message as soon as possible, to avoid a timeout disconnect. 0 otherwise.

The receiving process can send replies back to the sender at any time, using one of the following message formats (also in the payload of a CopyData message):