Re: Buffer usage detailed by RelKind in EXPLAIN ANALYZE BUFFERS

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Buffer usage detailed by RelKind in EXPLAIN ANALYZE BUFFERS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 4:39 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> The problem I'm talking about is the increased overhead in InstrStopNode(),
> due to BufferUsageAccumDiff() getting more expensive.

Thanks, now I understand the problem better. According to godbolt.com
my patch doubles the number of instructions in this function. Unless
we compute only tables\indexes\matviews.
Anyway, without regarding functionality of this particular patch,
BufferUsageAccumDiff() does not seem slow to me. It's just a
branchless bunch of simd instructions. Performance of this function
might matter only when called gazillion times per second.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Вложения