Re: Async IO HTTP server frontend for PostgreSQL

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: Async IO HTTP server frontend for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello, David

Hi Dmitriy, are you able to say a little about what's driving your quest for async http-to-pg ?
I'm curious as to the motivations, and whether they match up with some of my own reasons for wanting to use low-thread-count solutions.
For many web projects I consider Postgres as a development platform. Thus,
I prefer to keep the business logic (data integrity trigger functions and
API functions) in the database. Because of nature of the Web, many concurrent
clients can request a site and I want to serve maximum possible of them with
minimal overhead. Also I want to avoid a complex solutions. So, I believe that
with asynchronous solution it's possible to *stream* the data from the database
to the maximum number of clients (which possible can request my site over a
slow connection).

--
// Dmitriy.