Re: libpq connection status and closed fd

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: libpq connection status and closed fd
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 9/22/14 9:45 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin wrote:

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com>
wrote:
Why are you using close() instead of PQfinish()?

Because I'm testing for an error, please read my message and the
original bug report.

I read it. You are testing for an error, but use libpq in a wrong way in
your test case. You must use PQfinish() to close the connection
and PQstatus() will works for you.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read it then.  The point of the test case is not to test connection closure; it's to test behaviour in the presence of network errors.
And where the network error emulation in the test case? By closing fd?
I'm sorry if I don't understand something, but really, I don't see any problem
or incorrect behavior of *libpq*. It's behavior adequate to a test case.

.marko

--
// Dmitriy.

Сообщение: Re: libpq connection status and closed fd
Сообщение: Re: libpq connection status and closed fd