Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?

От Dmitry Igrishin
Тема Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

вс, 15 июл. 2018 г. в 22:42, Chuck Davis <cjgunzel@gmail.com>:
If you decide to proceed on this project there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

I use Netbeans for my development.  it has quite a good facility for
working with databases and I use it regularly with Postgres.  Since
Netbeans is now licensed under Apache 2 you might find useful code
there.  Be assured it uses JDBC for access but JDBC is universally
available and the folks at Postgresql have done quite a nice job with
JDBC drivers.  Of course, this already works on all platforms.  The
implementation is basic but very useful:  i.e. a good starting point.
Thank you for the point. I'm the C++ programmer and I'm author of the
C++ client library for PostgreSQL - Pgfe and I'm going to use it in this
project. But I'm not sure about the cross-platform GUI toolkit.