Re: Positional parameters and question mark notation

От Dmitriy Igrishin
Тема Re: Positional parameters and question mark notation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hey Andreas,

2014/1/20 Andreas Lubensky <lubensky@cognitec.com>
Hi,

Is there any way to make PostgreSQL support the question mark (?)
notation instead of the dollar sign ($1, $2...) for prepared statements?
Most databases use the question mark notation and we have a set of
simple queries that are supposed to be portable across different
database systems. So far we use PostgreSQL via ODBC, but now we want to
switch to a native libpq implementation.
I believe that C-function for replacing '?' with '$n' can easily implemented
in the application code. Or you may want to look at libpqtypes:
Or (if you are C++) you may want to look at SOCI:

--
// Dmitriy.