Re: Major release of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++

От Dmitry Igrishin
Тема Re: Major release of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++
Дата
Список pgsql-general
вт, 12 апр. 2022 г. в 13:59, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 12:17 PM Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm excited to announce Pgfe 2.0.0, an advanced and feature rich
> > PostgreSQL driver written in C++.
>
> Congrats on the release. I've been following your progress, and saw
> good stuff in your commits.
Thank you! :-)

> Could you please more clearly state in the project's README.md the
> minimal version
> of C++ required, and whether the interface or impl changes with higher
> versions of std?
Okay, I've added the Requirements section -
https://github.com/dmitigr/pgfe#requirements

> Your hello-world example (extracted below), uses lambda-auto (C++14),
> probably variadic templates (C++11 and up, C++17 for
> fold-expressions), etc... So if you require C++20,
> that's important to know (since out of bounds to me, for example).
Pgfe 2 requires C++17 compiler.

> In the same vein, what platforms / compilers / versions it's built and
> tested on is also useful to know upfront.
> (again, as an example, I need to be cross-platform and cross-compiler,
> including Windows and MS VS).
I've successfully tested Pgfe 2 with either GCC 11.2.0 and MSVC
19.30.30709 (VS 2022). (Not tested with a cross-compiler though.)

> My $0.02. And thanks for sharing your work. --DD
Thank you very much again :-)

От: Dominique Devienne
Сообщение: Re: Major release of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: OpenSSL@1.1 not getting linked with Homebrew - trying to install postgresql