Re: Do I need archive_mode = on for hot standby?

От Andy Chambers
Тема Re: Do I need archive_mode = on for hot standby?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Janne H <jannehson51@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi there.

I'm planning on setting up a master database and multiple hot standby slaves using streaming replication.

If I use a large(*) value on
wal_keep_segments
do I really need archive_mode = on then?

Any potential problems with this strategy I should be aware about?

(*) With large value I mean a value such that a failed slave will be up and running again (with a few days margin) before the master server starts to clean out old WAL segments.

I believe you are correct.  At least that's what it says here...

--
Andy