Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?

От Peter van Hardenberg
Тема Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> For a read-only database, as was discussed, a lower shared_buffers
> settings makes sense. And 128M is low enough, I'd guess.
>
> Setting work_mem to hundreds of MB in a 4G system is suicide. Tens
> even is dangerous.

Why do you say that? We've had work_mem happily at 100MB for years. Is
there a particular degenerate case you're concerned about?

-p

--
Peter van Hardenberg
San Francisco, California

Сообщение: Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?
Сообщение: Re: PG as in-memory db? How to warm up and re-populate buffers? How to read in all tuples into memory?