Re: segfault with incremental sort

От James Coleman
Тема Re: segfault with incremental sort
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 11:52 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> 1. The SELECT DISTINCT gives rise to a sort key expression that
> contains non-parallel-safe SubPlans.  (It's not immediately apparent
> to me why we don't consider these particular subqueries parallel safe,
> but they aren't.  Anyway such a situation surely has to be allowed for.)

parallel.sgml says that parallel query is excluded any time we have
"Plan nodes which reference a correlated SubPlan". That would include
this query, though I'm not sure why that's actually unsafe. I haven't
thought much about the general case, but this query itself looks like
it'd be safe.

James

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16732: pg_dump creates broken backups
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16732: pg_dump creates broken backups