Re: pgindent (probably my missing something obvious)

От James Coleman
Тема Re: pgindent (probably my missing something obvious)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 9:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> writes:
> > This is the first time I've run pgindent on my current machine, and it
> > doesn't seem to be making any modifications to source files. For
> > example this command:
>
> > ./src/tools/pgindent/pgindent src/backend/optimizer/path/allpaths.c
>
> > leaves the allpaths.c file unchanged despite my having some very long
> > function calls.
>
> "Long function calls" aren't necessarily something pgindent would
> change.  Have you tried intentionally misindenting some lines?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Hmm, yeah, that works.

My heuristic for what pgindent changes must be wrong. The long
function calls (and 'if' conditions) seem obviously out of place to my
eyes with the surrounding code. Does that mean the surrounding code
was just hand-prettified?

Thanks,
James Coleman