[GENERAL] Inconsistent Postgres error when installing our product containingPostgreSQL 9.3.4

От Diags101
Тема [GENERAL] Inconsistent Postgres error when installing our product containingPostgreSQL 9.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm getting inconsistent Postgres errors, when we upgrade our product that bundles PostgreSQL 9.3.4.
We have 13 databases and we get errors at different places of the database setup.

Here are the failures:
1.
$POSTGRES/bin/psql -c  " CREATE SEQUENCE serial1 START 1 CYCLE ;" -d $ARCHDB
exitIfCommandFailed "Schema creation"

ERROR:  index "pg_type_oid_index" contains corrupted page at block 0
HINT:  Please REINDEX it.

2.
$POSTGRES/bin/psql -c " CREATE TABLE RAWLOG (ID int8  PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT nextval('serial1'),SOURCE varchar (100),RAWDATA bytea,WRITETIME timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,BOOTTIME timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,HIDDEN bool,VERSION int4);" -d $WORKINGDB

ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_database" does not exist
LINE 7: FROM pg_catalog.pg_database d

3.
$POSTGRES/bin/pg_restore -d $EVWEB_DB -p$EVWEB_DB_PORT -U$SFMDB_SU $VAR_TMP/evwebdump

ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_namespace" does not exist
LINE 3: FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace n

4.
$POSTGRES/bin/psql -c " CREATE TABLE RAWLOG (ID int8  PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT nextval('serial1'),SOURCE varchar (100),RAWDATA bytea,WRITETIME timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,BOOTTIME timestamp DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,HIDDEN bool,VERSION int4);" -d $ARCHDB

ERROR:  invalid page in block 0 of relation base/216257/11812

All these errors are inconsistent and the errors appear in some other database, when I repeat the installation.

Any pointers or suggestions are welcome.

On behalf of the Diagnostics team,
Sanjay