Re: External Open Standards

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: External Open Standards
Дата
Re: External Open Standards  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Do we have a full list of externally defined open standards that we follow?
>
> Are there any known incompatibilities from externally defined open standards?
> (I know about the SQL standard stuff).

The documentation is misleading to the point of our support for ISO
8601-strict parsing.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-02/msg01237.php

A very fine point, but I discovered it not out of curiosity, but a
fairly angry user on Twitter.

We can define the problem away since the space-inclusive format is so
common...so much so, that it is codified in RFC 3339
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt).  The only problem, then, is the
DATESTYLE "ISO" labeling: changing that would be really painful, so
perhaps another solution is to parse the "T" demanded by 8601,
presuming no other details come to light.

--
fdr