Re: Questions about PostgreSQL Setup License

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: Questions about PostgreSQL Setup License
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM, DUBILLOT Aurelien
<aurelien.dubillot@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> I read on your website that PostgreSQL source code is free for use and
> modification, but in my case I am working on a project where we are
> generating our own setup and we would like to integrate PostgreSQL setup
> within it.

This isn't really a bug, but...

Yes. You are allowed to do that. Just include a file with the
PostgreSQL license and copyright.  This is how I did it for a derived
work:

"""

Copyright (c) 2012-2013, Heroku
All rights reserved.

Portions are derived from the PostgreSQL Project.  The copyright for
those can be found in POSTGRES-COPYRIGHT.  Otherwise, the license is
as follows:
"""

The license I have chosen is afterwards.  POSTGRES-COPYRIGHT is just a
copy of the postgres COPYRIGHT file.

(https://github.com/fdr/pg_logfebe/ if you are curious)

--
fdr