Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki

От Jan Michálek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

It is question if it is really new format, because formating is the same as aligned/wrapped format, changed is only style of lines.

I know, but, both new linestyles are created literally by cloning ascii linestyle and few lines in print_aligned_text. Both works with "aligned" and "wrapped" format. In rst is wrapped format useful, in my opinion, in markdown i can`t find how I can get newline in record (maybe it is not posiible in main markdown types). So it is why i add markdown and rst as new linestyles. But it is not problem to change it in command to use "\pset format", but i mean, that this is cleaner.

Using a special linestyle for new format is possible probably. But new format should be switched with \pset format command.

changed

quick test shows it is working.

Just idea - can you specify aligning? right aligning for numbers, left for others?

I used "aligned" format as it is and I don`t know, if I`m able to do this with current solution based only on change linestyle internally.

you can try to test result in some markdown processors? I will not be surprised if these processor ignore aligning in input data.

I tested markdown only in retext and retext aligns columns set by -----:| well.

Refards

Pavel

Regards