Re: synchronous_standby_names with '*'

От Alexander Perepelica
Тема Re: synchronous_standby_names with '*'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think
set synchronous_commit to "off"
Disable synchronous commit only for this session (connect) not for postgres instance, right?
Maybe I must chnage configuration and call "pg_ctl reload"? to change deafult behaviour for postgres instance?

2011/8/19 Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 8:39 PM, alexondi <alexondi@rambler.ru> wrote:
> so can I somehow disable|enable synchronous replication at runtime (not only
> for session but for the server)?

Yes.

To disable;
Empty synchronous_standby_names, or set synchronous_commit to "local" or "off".

To enable;
Set synchronous_standby_names or set synchronous_commit to "on".

And then reload the configuration file.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao