Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 6:23 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> This has the smell of a theoretical problem, I can't really imagine a
> certificate where which would produce this.  Have you been able to trigger it?
>
> Wouldn't a better fix be to error out on len == -1 as in the attached, maybe
> with a "Shouldn't happen" comment?

Using "cert clientname=DN" in the HBA should let you issue Subjects
without Common Names. Or, if you're using a certificate to authorize
the connection rather than authenticate the user (for example
"scram-sha-256 clientcert=verify-ca" in your HBA), then the certs you
distribute could even be SAN-only with a completely empty Subject.

--Jacob

Сообщение: Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Сообщение: Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?