Re: Support tls-exporter as channel binding for TLSv1.3

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: Support tls-exporter as channel binding for TLSv1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 11:01 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> One thing that would reduce the complexity of the equation is
> to drop support for tls-server-end-point in the backend in PG >= 16 as
> the versions of OpenSSL we still support on HEAD would cover
> completely tls-exporter.

Is the intent to backport tls-exporter client support? Or is the
compatibility break otherwise acceptable?

It seemed like there was also some general interest in proxy TLS
termination (see also the PROXY effort, though it has stalled a bit).
For that, I would think tls-server-end-point is an important feature.

--Jacob